Dirus Racing Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR

2 posters

Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR

Post  mtrein Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Aston North is a very fast circuit with four very slow corners.

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Astonnorth.th

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Astonnorth1.thRace 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Astonnorth2.th

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Practice

Post  mtrein Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am

I thought the circuit was very difficult at first, especially when braking at high speed at the end of the straights where a little turning was needed. It was quite hazardous at first, and I only started to master the correct points for braking at the start of the race itself. Because of the high difficulty, improving the lap times was very rewarding.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Practice

Post  msb Thu May 21, 2009 1:28 pm

After a few laps with UFR and XFR, we decided to run with the XFR. In the beginning I couldn't manage to stay on the track, in spite of the car being more easy to handle. After some time AtomicAnt provided a good setup, and I was getting used to the track, so my lap times started to get better. But still, I mostly went out of the track. After some laps in the Qualify, I met Vincent de Sade, who paciently thaught me to stay on track (although using UFR). After that, I grew more confident that I could improve enough for a good qualify and race.

msb

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Qualify

Post  msb Thu May 21, 2009 1:34 pm

The team performance increased fast, as the drivers got used to the track and car. With the help of the setup AtomicAnt provided us we improve the lap times, but the setup could still be adapted to our racers. Trein worked on that.
As the qualify period ended, the team is in the bottom. With more than 140 racers, DR Team's debut will be in the last pool, almost in the last positions. We hope we're delivered from the initial common crash and gain some positions, getting our first points ever. Go Dirus Go!

msb

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Qualify

Post  mtrein Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am

I did not get much practice before qualifying, and the track was one I had never raced on. Anyway, I managed to qualify in the last pool, in 19th place out of 24. Even though I managed to improve my PB in the qualify, it was far from decent.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Race

Post  mtrein Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 am

I didn't get a very good start on the race since I made a mistake on L1 and bumped behind another racer, banging up my car a bit. The race got better later on but I ended up without fuel around lap 12 or 13. I had put in fuel thinking I would make my pitstop in lap 11 or so, but the car was so good I kept thinking "I'm going to do one more lap before I pit in". That was the mistake which cost me the race. I was 11th place by then. Oh well.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR Empty Re: Race 1 - Aston North, 23 laps, UFR/XFR

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down