Dirus Racing Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT

2 posters

Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT

Post  mtrein Wed May 20, 2009 12:00 pm

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Practice

Post  msb Mon May 25, 2009 7:46 am

Finding a setup for this car/track was a difficult task. As a result, the team is working on its own setup. The first thing I learned was to keep the car in the track, which is hard. After a while I managed to improve my PB considerably. I trained a little with the WR's setup, and I managed to make 55:20. With the team setup I made 55:82, which shows we're evolving greatly. Still, we are far from the top qualify ranking, standing around 53:XX. It is close, but it seems impossible to reach... Sad I just hope I can make some good times during the qualify. :-)

msb

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Practice

Post  mtrein Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 am

Since we didn't have a set up for this track layout/car combination, we had to fiddle around with old setups and standard ones and make our own. This proved a very difficult task, since we did not have time for the complex and demanding trial and error process involved. In the end, Morris came up with a setup that is not ideal but we are happy with. His best time is in the 55seconds, but I haven't managed to improve my 57s PB yet. I find the MRT very difficult to handle and simply cannot run for more than 5 or 6 laps without ending up outside the track. I am hoping I can get a decent lap in qualifying, but it will be a very daunting task for me.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Qualify

Post  msb Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I trained with CARRERA GT's setup for a while. It is a stable car, but doesn't achive high speeds. mtrein tweaked another setup which we both adjusted fine to it ("MRT_AS1 trein PB.set" in the file archive). So I ran some laps in the qualify server using this setup. After a few laps with a bad start, I finally managed to start in good speed and perform well in the starting turns. In the end of the first lap I did 56.XX, which was very good. But I ran a second lap and achieved an even smaller time. I just hope the server was recording it, because in the league page the "qualifying" link was not working properly. :-(

msb

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Qualify 2

Post  msb Thu May 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Unfortunatelly the results were not saved, and I had to do my laps again. The good news is that I managed to do some good lap times again, and now I'm a bit farther from the bottom. :-)

msb

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Qualify

Post  mtrein Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 pm

I started qualify with a setup which I tweaked from another source (can't remember where I got it). I then performed quite well in the second or third lap, which ended up being my hotlap. I tried to improve my times but wasn't able. The curious thing is that the forst time we started qualify our laps didn't get recorded because the qualify software wasn't running on the server. I hadn't done any good laps but Morris had a really good lap. Oh well.

Anyway, Morris managed to qualify in Pole Position from pool 6, which also has me starting in 3rd and Carrera in 5th. My test races haven't been very good so far, I am having overheating problems with the rear right tyre. I have fiddled around with tyre pressure and I think I finally have a racing setup that I am comfortable with. I will probably go with one pit stop, to be done around lap 26.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Race

Post  mtrein Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 am

The race itself went smoothly for me except for the start. I started off in second place, then was able to overtake Morris on the first curve because he had a pretty bad start. After a few first turns leading I went in too fast on the turn before the second 'S' and went off track, facing the other way. I then had to wait for everyone to go past before I could safely rejoin the race. So I was in last place. After this, however, the rest of the race went smoothly for me and I was able to finish in 6th place, out of 9 who managed to finish the race. This combination of track and car was much harder for me than the first race.

mtrein

Back to top Go down

Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT Empty Re: Race 2 - Aston Cadet, 50 laps, MRT

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down